Home security cameras can simply be placed as a deterrent—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s safety measures.
Thankfully, today’s security cameras are equipped with a plethora of features all designed to provide comprehensive protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these additions enable you to utilize the most from security cameras in New Brunswick.
How To Set Up Your New Brunswick Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
Placing your home security cameras on the optimal locations around your living space is the right place to jump in at with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic areas such as the living room or family room. It’s also a smart move to set a camera pointed at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to pass to reach the rest of your home. Outdoor security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your front door, front walk, and patio, shed, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. You can always see a view of your main entryway with a sleek doorbell camera.
There are locations within your home that aren’t quite as important to surveil like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your visitors should be a major concern before installing a security device in a bedroom.. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you desire some type of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Home Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the first step in utilizing the all you can out of home security cameras in New Brunswick. The additions described below help to maximize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device anytime strange motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start filming when activity is detected which will boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to record and store clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras feature a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually converse with people through the unit. With your security app, you can act like you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they come home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera the lens can see, gives you a more exhaustive look at an area. Look for cameras that provide a minimum of 120-degree wide angle lens or that can pan automatically for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras are equipped with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the opportunity to secure specific locations within your living space.. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to alert you of activity happening on your yard or your patio and overlook animals passing or anyone on the sidewalk.
- App: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send instant notifications when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Home Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in New Brunswick is easier. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security system is elevated from merely a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (732) 307-3755 or fill out the form below to get started building your home security and camera system today.