Today's residential security options are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to perform simple security duties like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you no longer needed to worry about these tasks in the future? When utilizing geofencing in New Brunswick, you can simply drive off to work and make your system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In New Brunswick For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing creates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you are able to customize within your smartphone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your cell phone to see when you cross the perimeter and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing is made possible by z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components utilize to communicate with one another. This technological advancement aids your security system by grouping all components onto one, unified network. You can then set up a virtual “fence” around your house and designate the specific actions you want to occur if you cross the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you exit your premises, you may instruct your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disengage the alarm, open the garage, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are some of the components you may command with geofencing:
● Security alarms and cameras
● Electronic devices including speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Geofencing, Scheduling, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home’s security system in New Brunswick. When accessing the mobile app, you can do a lot with automation. In a few easy touches of a button, and you can:
● Enable Scheduling: program your smart components to activate at a specific time. Have your lights start to turn down to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain devices come alive based on another activity. Instruct your thermostat to turn on the fan when a smoke detector goes off. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your doorbell camera detects abnormal activity in the yard.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in harmony together. Make your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and temperature levels.
● Geofence your security: It's easy to forget to set the security system when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in New Brunswick
Whether you seek extra certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you would like to take advantage of home automation, geofencing can help. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (732) 307-3755 or submit the form on this page to get started on your optimal security system.